Thursday, October 21, 2010
Blogging Soul Mate
Girlnextdoor is someone I found off delicious.com who I fell in love with immediately. Some could say it was love at first bookmark. What caught my attention was her interest in travelling abroad. She has several sites bookmarked about being a study abroad student, going to Southeast Asia, and doing volunteer work in Haiti. She has 37 pages of bookmarks ranging from rallying support of providing Haiti with technology and communication to The Tonight Show with Conan O’ Brien Twitter tracker. She’s been actively bookmarking since November of 2005 and continues to bookmark sites liberally. Flipping through her pages in chronologic order, her bookmarks seem to evolve with current trends and news which tells me she stays plugged into current events. Moreover, girlnextdoor seems extremely concerned with web 2.0 agendas and current trends in social media networks. For example, she bookmarked the importance of twittering as a business major. Girlnextdoor seems down-to-earth and smart. I can’t help but imagine how creepy this blog post would seem to her if she were ever to come across it. If you do see this someday, girlnextdoor, you had me at “Conan O’Brien Twitter Tracker” and I hope to be as adept of a bookmarker as you seem to be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment